[LMB] OT: Abuse of the frail was Re: Gene cleaning in real life

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sun Nov 12 00:51:47 GMT 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017, Pat Mathews wrote:
> (Ref: a massive, flaming scandal here in New Mexico, ongoing for some
> time, in which perfectly competent elders and others with perfectly
> competent family members, were massively defrauded and kept in low-end
> hellholes while their 'guardians" drained their assets.)

Litref: The mystery novel "T is for Trespass" by Sue Grafton. Very scary
possibilities.

There's currently a scandal in my town in which frail elderly in city-run
nursing homes were being abused by carekeepers. Not just one but a bunch
of separate cases by different abusers. No excuse possible. The city
auditor currently examining the whole situation.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"As a writer you’re always surprised when you think of the right note or the right word.
You think, 'Oh, I didn’t know I could — oh, that’s good!' You know, writing’s full of
surprises for oneself." - Stephen Sondheim, T Magazine, October 16, 2017,
interviewed by Lin-Manuel Miranda