[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

James M. BRYANT G4CLF james at jbryant.eu
Mon Nov 13 09:34:18 GMT 2017

Marina says that she wants:-

 > Feet that had a better heel/ball proportion--if it fits my heels, it's too
 > tight side and top; if it fits balls and high arch, heel is too lose.

Actually she needs shoes that fit her feet,
not gene cleaning.

My left foot and right foot are different
sizes BUT:-

There's a guy in Cape Town who spent most of
an hour making lasts of MY feet - for which
he charged me approximately $US40 - and when
I need a new pair of shoes he gets out my
lasts and makes me a pair for somewhere
between $25 & $50 depending on style and
material - and mails them to me in England.
Usually really smart leather sandals but he
makes closed shoes too, and he takes PayPal.

I know South Africa's a long way to go for
the initial fitting but is there anywhere
nearer where Marina lives where she can find
someone like Faisal?