[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 18:52:19 GMT 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:34:18 +0000, "James M. BRYANT G4CLF"
<james at jbryant.eu> wrote:

>Marina says that she wants:-
>
> > Feet that had a better heel/ball proportion--if it fits my heels, it's too
> > tight side and top; if it fits balls and high arch, heel is too lose.
>
>Actually she needs shoes that fit her feet,
>not gene cleaning.
>
>My left foot and right foot are different
>sizes BUT:-
>
>There's a guy in Cape Town who spent most of
>an hour making lasts of MY feet - for which
>he charged me approximately $US40 - and when
>I need a new pair of shoes he gets out my
>lasts and makes me a pair for somewhere
>between $25 & $50 depending on style and
>material - and mails them to me in England.
>Usually really smart leather sandals but he
>makes closed shoes too, and he takes PayPal.
>
>I know South Africa's a long way to go for
>the initial fitting but is there anywhere
>nearer where Marina lives where she can find
>someone like Faisal?

FWIW, there's a bloke in Shrewsbury or thereabouts that does that.
Though perhaps charges more that 40 bucks.  A friend of mine has feet
that are almost square.  :)
--
The Web isn't better than sex, but sliced bread is in serious trouble
- NancyButton