[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life, Fifth Season

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 18:55:17 GMT 2017

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:50:47 -0500, Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't know that I am convinced about the slippery slope argument.

I'm suspicious of "slippery slope" statements in general; they're often
full of specious non-sequiturs.  For instance, an opponent of equal
marriage in the UK said he was opposed because it would allow a father
to marry his son to avoid inheritance tax.  There are so many things
wrong with that argument...  and others said it would lead to polygamy,
or people marrying animals or pieces of furniture....
--
The Web isn't better than sex, but sliced bread is in serious trouble
- NancyButton