[LMB] BIA-Related Link: "Universal" Ear Bud Translator

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 18:59:49 GMT 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 03:40:28 +0000 (GMT), "A. Marina Fournier"
<saffronrose at me.com> wrote:

>95% of English citizens are monolingual?? I have no idea how that stacks up to the US residents.

And I suspect is very sensitive to exactly how you define the term.  I'm
*strictly* speaking monolingual, but I can get by in French and German,
and to a lesser extent in Spanish and Italian and even a smattering of
Dutch (not that it's particularly useful; as soon as you open your mouth
in the Netherlands, they say: "Oh, you're English!" and proceed to speak
better English than some of your cousins).
--
The Web isn't better than sex, but sliced bread is in serious trouble
- NancyButton