[LMB] OT: Prime News

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Nov 13 19:25:45 GMT 2017

On Nov 13, 2017, at 10:56 AM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:23:26 -0500, Sylvia McIvers
> <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Today is Sunday 11-12-17.
>> Tomorrow is the right Christian date of 11-13-17, a rare case of sequential
>> primes.
>
> Only in Stupid-date-format-land.
>
> https://twitter.com/donohoe/status/597876118688026624

Marina:
Ever since I encountered it in high school, I prefer the ddmmyyyy format: I cross my sevens and sometimes my oughts.

I may leave off the period when writing out the prefixes and suffixes of names, e.g., Ms Janice Marshal Esq

I understood right off the bat that chron filing by yyyymmdd was the least likely form to be a problem in electronic dating. Can’t recall if that’s a military thing or not.

> The Web isn't better than sex, but sliced bread is in serious trouble
> - NancyButton

Love this!

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com