[LMB] OT: Prime News

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Mon Nov 13 19:48:23 GMT 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:25:45AM -0800, A. Marina Fournier wrote:

> Ever since I encountered it in high school, I prefer the ddmmyyyy

I convered to that Eurostyle for a long time, and still do my checks
that way (since the year is already on the right) (and using month
names, e.g. 13 Nov 20_17)

But I've switched to computer style since.

> I understood right off the bat that chron filing by yyyymmdd was the least likely form to be a problem in electronic dating. Can’t recall if that’s a military thing or not.

It's ISO 8601 format, at least.  And yes, if you put dates into
filenames, that format makes sorting straightforward.

Huh, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country claims YMD is
used by China, Canada, and Japan, plus a few others.

-xx- Damien X-)