[LMB] BIA-Related Link: "Universal" Ear Bud Translator

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:48:24 GMT 2017

One reason for this is that English is a bad place to start from when
learning other languages.  We've dropped a lot of the Indo-European
grammatical structure, and picking it up is more difficult for us than it
would be if we were starting from Anglo-Saxon.

Another reason, at least here in the States, is that we don't _need_
foreign languages much.  I live more than a thousand miles from the nearest
areas ruled by non-English-speakers, and I am by no means unique.