[LMB] Gene cleaning and ACC

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:12:48 GMT 2017

ACC is my current paperback carried in purse to read when standing in line, in doctor's waiting room, etc. I've just gotten to the bit where Miles, Mark and Ekaterin are in the library & Miles is describing Count Vormuir's scheme to draw new people to his district.  He's got 30 uterine replicators & some eggs from  a clinic's discard bin.  Miles has just said that so far there have been 88 live births with 30 more on the way. Now these have been  for all possible problems to begin with, anyone want to speculate on why there hasn't been 90 live births?  What happened to the 2 missing embryos? A new mutation or a new pairing of existing genes that doesn't work, or something else. Whichever, It will always be a process that needs tweaking.