[LMB] AKICOT:L Video keeps playing even after closed

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 12:16:59 GMT 2017

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 06:06:09 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada"
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I think in the future, I should probably disconnect, and then maybe clear
>my browser. Possibly with the added step of shutting the browser
>completely, leaving it for 30 seconds, then opening it up to brand new
>tabs.

I've recently found a problem with Chrome in that if you hibernate the
machine, and bring it back up, Chrome seems to get very laggy, and
subject to freezes.  And even shutting it down doesn't always help, so
I've taken to terminating chrome with extreme prejudice, using
pskill[1].

Fire it up again and it's all good.

[1] pskill is one of the Sysinternals Suite.  If you have Windows, I'd
advise you to get and install Sysinternals (preferably in a short path)
and add it to your path variable.  Excellent, and free, utilities
written by Mark Russinovich, who now works for Microsoft (on the "better
have him in the tent pissing out..." principle).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/sysinternals-suite
--
Structure is not always stricture - Vicki Rosenzweig