[LMB] OT: Prime News

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Tue Nov 14 16:37:29 GMT 2017

I was fixing the y2k problem in 1978 and had to keep the presentation layer with a two digit year because my users found it too hard to type 19. The program was used to store dosimeter data and had to be usable for 40 years. My hardest problem was finding a storage medium that would last. I’m not sure I was successful.
My most difficult sorting problem was on a PDP-11. This machine used 16 bit words and DEC stored the first letter in the low order bits and the second in high order.

Sent from my iPhone