[LMB] Gene cleaning in real life

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Nov 15 03:39:19 GMT 2017

On Nov 11, 2017, at 05:42 AM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:

For what it's worth, being heterozygous with CF
and not CF appears to give immunity to Yellow Fever.

Marina: One datum more for me, hurrah. Had never heard/read that.

We had three sisters who would trade off caring for Arthur in the evenings, when we would be going out. The eldest had CF--and diabetes, Crohn's, a rare form of epilepsy, inherited hearing loss, and one other. She did her best to cope and to think of anything but physical issues. We never hired her if anyone had a respiratory illness--and likely did not hire either of her sisters.

Marina