[LMB] OT: lasts & shoes, was Gene cleaning in real life

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Nov 16 07:00:27 GMT 2017

On Nov 13, 2017, at 07:22 AM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:

In the United States there USED TO BE a chain of shoe stores called Dr. Scholl's
that did that sort of thing. They would easily sell you a pair of shoes of
different sizes and could do custom measuring and manufacture. But upon the
death of the original doctor in 1968, the brand was sold to a series of drug
companies, the stores were closed, and the brand was reduced to selling only
shoe accessories.

I remember wearing Dr Scholl's sandals at college in the mid-70's. I would never wear them again. Some of the later Dr. Scholl's products have worked for me, others not so much.

Marina