[LMB] Gene cleaning and ACC

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Nov 16 11:24:49 GMT 2017

On Nov 14, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Walter Bushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> OTOH, taking care of another baby is 4 times as much work, because with one baby one can sometimes nap or do other things whereas two can keep you on the job 24/7.

Tuesday nights, my belle-mère and I watch three TV shows on the same channel, all in a row: NCIS, Bull (which thus far, is improved over the first season), and NCIS: New Orleans. BTW, the diversity casting in all three programs is great, even if some white dude is the lead in the main character ensemble.

At the end of the first program, NCIS, McGee finally knows the gender of the child soon to be born. It’s a boy. Pause a beat. And a girl.

This had me thinking just how much harder my life would have been if instead of one early-onset bipolar child, I would have had TWO of them. I suspect that instead of feeling like a glass-walled prison, a locked (mental) ward would have been restful.

I love my son, but rearing him was not at all easy, especially since we could bounce off each other’s crazy-moods. I had the right combination of meds & dosage long before he did, but I was an adult, not a young child.

I’m thankful he was an only child.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com