[LMB] OT: Genetics & Culture

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 22:18:03 GMT 2017

On Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:27:34 -0500, Sylvia McIvers
<sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If humans could synthesize their own Vitamin C, the Age of Exploration
>> would have been a lot easier.
>>

>and sailors would not be called "limeys" .

Well, "Limeys" are us Brits, rather than sailors in general.  And we'd
not be called that if we'd not pissed off everyone in Europe to the
extent that nobody would sell us lemons (which have about double the vit
C content of limes).
--
I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked
with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is