[LMB] OT: Temperature

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Nov 22 13:50:00 GMT 2017

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 02:11:55 -0600, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Which is one reason why the world switched to
>metric. The other was to stick it to the English. (Tongue in cheek).

And pointless, as we officially use metric for all but a few things;
road distances in miles, pints of beer, etc.  And we still tend to use
Fahrenheit for high temperatures, oddly.
--
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are
 laughed at are geniuses.  They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton,