[LMB] where to demons come from

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:47:50 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> > On Nov 22, 2017, at 8:41 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
> wrote:
> >
> > I think there was a recent (short) thread where someone was wondering
> > where demons came from.
> >
> > I've just started a Penric re-read and ran into this, early on:
> >
> >       Demons were supposed to begin as formless, mindless elementals,
> >       fragments escaped or leaked into the world from the Bastard's
> >       Hell, a place of chaotic dissolution.
>
> I’m wanting to contrast this to where gods came from.

As far as I know, ALL we have for that is the Creation Myth in Paladin of
Souls... A lovely tale, worth putting up, but lacking in scientific study.

Maybe some particularly gifted saint could interview them someday?
(Remembers Umegat's comments about how the don't write instruction books,
and guesses that's not going to happen.)

Karen Hunt