[LMB] OT: From Russell Upsumgrub, Catering manager for Car Talk...

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Nov 23 20:11:20 GMT 2017

comes four ideas, of which I offer only one, to talk about, which are not politics:

https://www.cartalk.com/blogs/staff-blog/were-thankful-these-lame-jokes

Car Talk for which many listeners was not safe to listen while driving or operating heavy machinery. Safe for work, though, and you didn't even need to be car-savvy.

their business corporation "Dewey, Cheetham & Howe". Their corporate offices were located on a third-floor office at the corner of Brattle and JFK Streets in Harvard Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The Magliozzi brothers declared that they established DC&H in 1989.

I think we were in Boston in 1994, and I came out of the subway to see that building. I laughed rather hard, and th4e guy next to me didn't get the joke. That was before I knew about CarTalk.

In the Too Much Fun department, Chez Bejeeber:

Kurt had ordered the Whole Thanksgiving Meal, with a fully-cooked turkey, from an international grocery chain. Picked it up, and once home, found that, while all the sides were ready to eat, the turkey was frozen solid and would take three days to defrost. Our stomachs clenched in disappointment and distress. We went to a local family-run grocery, but the cost of the (most excellent, I'm sure, but too large for us) turkey alone made me squeak in dismay. We bought two roasted chickens, which we will reheat come dinner time.

Because I'm the one who will call to politely question the matter, I did that. I got transferred a few times, and one person tried various departments, but the gist is we're getting a full refund because they didn't have anything completely defrosted--and if we'd known that we'd be heating a defrosted cooked turkey, there would have been no order from them.

and Carol has arrived an hour or more early...
Marina