[LMB] Birthday Tixie kicks off October!

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 14:10:22 BST 2017

Oh, this October we have a special treat! One of the many, many pies MPVK has its thumbs in is
a brand new amusement park a dozen or so kilometers south of Vorbarr Sultana. It's a
reconstruction of the old Vorrutyer residence in the city -- uncannily similar in certain
areas, but also with some surprises that even Bloody Pierre never thought of.

WELCOME TO VORRUTYER HORROR HOUSE!

Our guide, dressed in period costume and presenting a rather terrifying version of Bloody
Pierre is at the gates to meet all of us who are going in, including our friend and fellow
listee, Kris Wiegand, who is also enjoying a birthday today. A dozen or so of the character-
actors from the park are on hand to sing Happy Birthday, and present her with a genuine Ma
Kosti birthday cake -- Vorrutyer-style, of course. The cake forms several strange towers, which
are to-scale replicas of some of the crazy buildings built by the Architect Dono Vorrutyer on
his country estate after his descent into madness. They are absolutely delicious!

As we pass our plates and utensils into the recycler, the sky fills with that special sort of
twilight that you only see on Barrayar, and we prepare to pass through the gates into the
courtyard beyond.

Happy Birthday, Kris Wiegand!