[LMB] Crows, Grayjays, Vultures and serial fiction 2

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 9 14:15:21 BST 2017

Something else that occurs to me -- we've been talking about birds as all
of the same family.

But for the Five Gods, or their cultural trappins, other things seem to be
important -- for instance, color symbolism.  The grayjay may be the
Father's bird because it's _gray_, just like the _white_ polar bear is
obviously the B*stard's animal and the _blue_jay belongs to the Daughter.

Now, why it happens that the Five seem to have relatively universal color
associations is another interesting topic...

Tony Z

--
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"