[LMB] Crows, Grayjays, Vultures and serial fiction 2

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 9 22:09:15 BST 2017

> On 10 Oct 2017, at 1:40 AM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> So what happens in regions where seasons are different? (Alpine areas with
> mostly evergreens don't really do red and brown during the months we might
> name as fall - they're mostly summer and winter only.) One option is the
> gods picked the colors and they are universal. Another is that the whole
> picture is done differently in those other regions. I could see either
> answer....
>
> Karen

Here in Oz we don't really have distinct seasons of Spring and fall.  Summer is dry and brown ( or during drought blowing clouds of red or black dust) winter is our green growing season when we get our rain if we are lucky. This past winter has been our driest in recoded history. It's going to be a long, hot dry summer here.  My lawnmower guy is very unhappy he has only need to mow my lawns twice since early March this year . Normally in Autumn he mows every three - four weeks and summer every two to three weeks . Everything in my garden is dying .
Helen