[LMB] OT: How Did You Learn to Read?

Nancy Barber nlbarber at mac.com
Sun Oct 15 17:02:02 BST 2017

> On Oct 14, 2017, at 9:05 PM, Jelbelser <jelbelser at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Gosh. I was not an early reader. I had a few sight words in kindergarten, but learned to read in first grade. It was 1960. We used the Dick and Jane readers, and a phonics chart that I was heartily bored of by third grade.

I’m with Janet.  Mother read to us a lot, I attended kindergarten, but as best I know I learned to read in 1st grade in, hmmm, 1962 with the Dick and Jane readers.  Don’t recall a phonics chart, but it might have been around.

I’m not dyslexic or anything and didn’t have any further issues with reading, just apparently didn’t learn to read until school provided that push.

  Nancy