[LMB] OT: How Did You Learn to Read?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Oct 16 07:07:47 BST 2017

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:44 AM, Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:

> And, more adults than you think aren't too sure about right vs left, espec. when talking to someone facing you.
>
> Sylvia
> who uses 'driver side, passenger side' in the car to avoid confusion

Many lefthanders share this. I often have to look down at my hands to answer an L/R question.

I tend to use cardinal directions in navigation, and use ‘correct’ instead of ‘right’.

At a recent preview screening, I was directed by a young chap who said, “Right over there, to the left”. He didn’t get when I pointed out the confusing nature of his statement. Over t/here, to the left would have been unambiguous.

A. Marina Fournier
Saffronrose at me.com