[LMB] OT: directions, Was How Did You Learn to Read?

Margaret Devere margaret at devere.net
Mon Oct 16 20:27:14 BST 2017

Zan:

If you do random mountain roads you can end up very far away from anywhere.
Not all of them connect to anything and when they do it might be 50 miles
more to the next town.

Or you'd need to go off-roading. There's a path off Magnolia Road that
connects Boulder Canyon / CO 119 to Flagstaff Road. But the one time my
parents tried it, in a huge 1970's 4x4 Power Wagon, I remember the ruts were
huge and there were several trees fallen across the road. It was quite the
adventure.

Me:

No off-roading for me. I have a low-slung 25-year-old vehicle, and I want to
drive it for the rest of my life, or until the car turns 50.

Re your other point: true. You can always turn around, though. Or hopefully
you can turn around.

Margaret

---