[LMB] OT: Words with Many Meanings, How Did You Learn to Read?

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:58:28 BST 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 16:09:15 -0400, Sylvia McIvers
> <sylviamcivers at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Amen.Correct instead of Right is a habit already....  and when did Right
> >acquire so many meanings?  *dictionary of word origins is currently not
> >useful*
>
> You want lots of meanings?  I believe "set" followed by "let" are the
> words with most dictionary entries, in English at any rate.
> --

Not arguing that short words have many multiple meanings that proliferate
prodigiously, if you really want to see an over used word try 'got' and
'go'.

but this right-left, sinister-dexter, adroit-gauche parallel is no fair to
lefties.

sylvia
who should probably not be posting with allergy meds. wheeeee