[LMB] OT: coining a new word

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Tue Oct 17 19:21:46 BST 2017

I would like to se a new word: dingnib. I have checked online and have not found any instances where it is used in any language. (This is the third combination of letters I tried.)
Dingnibism is attributing any characteristic to any group that is not part of the definition of that group. Examples: Saying that all left-handed people are uncoordinated is dingnbstic. Saying left-handed people sometimes have problems with devices designed for right-handed people is not. Saying manufactures are evil for producing devices for the majority is.
I don’t think that stereotyping is the same since, by implication, a large number of the group would need to display the characteristic for it to apply.

Sent from my iPhone