[LMB] OT: How Did You Learn to Read?

Walter Bushell proto at panix.com
Wed Oct 18 02:00:45 BST 2017

> On Oct 17, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
> You want lots of meanings?  I believe "set" followed by "let" are the
> words with most dictionary entries, in English at any rate.

In my Frosh humanities course, I heard a lecture on how Freud’s theory of sets
has changed us almost biologically. I didn’t know Freud had written anything about
set theory. After 45 minutes I realized he was talking about Freud’s theory of sex.

I was, of course, a math major.

This shows the importance of mental set.
--
Sufficient to the weevil is the day thereof.