[LMB] Currently reading: Ada Palmer, _Too Like the Lightnings_

Luke Bretscher rocketman0739 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 05:08:08 GMT 2018

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Tony Zbaraschuk <tonyz at eskimo.com> wrote:

> Just about to embark on my second re-read this week of Ada Palmer's _Too
> Like the Lightnings_.  Exquisite stuff, very lavish worldbuilding and
> amazing characters, plus a lot of stuff hidden in plain sight until you
> hit the reveals later in the book (which is why I'm re-reading it a third
> time only a week after publication.  There are two sequels, the next of
> which is on order.)

I really enjoyed that book! I'm in the middle of reading the sequel
(Seven Surrenders) for the first time, so no spoilers please ;). Also,
I don't mean to brag, but I have a minor personal acquaintance with
Prof. Palmer. She's working on plans to host a miniature Renaissance
faire on the University of Chicago campus, and my madrigal choir will
be performing. So I'm looking forward to that in the spring!

Luke