[LMB] OT: Book rec needed

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 02:41:14 GMT 2018

________________________________

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 10:10 AM, Harvey Fishman
> If you like McPhee you really should subscribe to _The New Yorker_ which he has
> written for for more than 50 years. Much of the material in many of his books
> appeared there first.

Howard: I thought that magazine was to skim for cartoons in waiting rooms!  8^)

Micki: Actually . . . when you subscribe to The New Yorker, you get access to their online archives,
which go allllll the way back. Fascinating reading! Plus, if you like Dorothy Parker or James Thurber,
a lot of their stuff is in the archives. I am very tempted to treat myself to a subscription -- I
subscribed for several years, but stopped when I found I was half a year behind on the print
magazines . . . .