[LMB] taking after parents

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 21:19:31 GMT 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 1:48 PM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com>
wrote:

> > On Jan 30, 2018, at 10:41 AM, adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com wrote:
> >
> > Over the course of the series, there's a fair amount of discussion of
> Miles taking after one, or both, of his parents.  There's some talk of
> Cordelia and her father, both explorers.  In _Gentleman Jole & The Red
> Queen_, Cordelia mentions having her mother help her head-hunt medical
> teachers & trainers for Sergyar.  Maybe Cordelia gets some of her
> organizational and administrative expertise from her mom?  Two formidable
> ladies working together--[here, plot-bunny, plot-bunny... ;)]
> >
> > Cordelia taking after her mom isn't a topic we've talked about much
> on-list.
>
> Well, we hardly “seen” her mom. Most of what we know is from EoA, IIRC  and
> That’s indirect.

There's more than that, actually. Shards of Honor we see her not really
grokking Aral Vorkosigan or Cordelia's fascination/love of him.
The Warrior's Apprentice we actually get a good amount of her just before
and after his trip to Tau Verde.
There are small mentions of her in A Civil Campaign and Cryoburn as well.

Karen Hunt