[LMB] AKICOT:L Transferring a Kindle app to a new computer

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 07:31:07 BST 2018

I've found plenty of stuff on the internet about transferring old Kindle contents to a new Kindle, but my problem is a little different: I have a
Kindle app on a Toshiba Dynabook. And about ten days ago, I spilled a little water onto the broken shift key of said Dynabook. Last time I
checked, I could get into the data of the Toshiba Dynabook (with a USB mouse and a USB keyboard), but it's a bit wonky. Sometimes I can't
click on the file I want to copy; lots of silly messing around because the keyboard is still interfering.

SO, I've got a new computer. I want to transfer my Kindle app contents (complete with annotations) to my new computer. It's possible that I
might have a proper back-up (I think I saved the entire C: drive).

Can it be done? Or do I need to install a new Kindle app? And what about my annotations? Do I need to tediously copy them, one by one?

Particularly, I'm worried about the last Penric, because I didn't update the book (when you update the book, you lose the annotations).

Has anyone done this?

And if you think I need to set up Calibre, or some other program, can you point me to an easy beginner tutorial/link/article?

Thanks so much for any help. I want to get this done in the next two weeks.

Micki