[LMB] clinging to walls [OT]

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 13:09:07 BST 2018

From: Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com>

Vestibular migraines are actually quite common, so it's a good guess.
Especially if you had no lingering symptoms of unbalance after it had
passed. Though, you'd think the oto-neurologist would have suggested a
diagnosis...

Gwynne: I've had something that they just called 'painless migraines'.
You get the nausea, sensitivity to light, etc - everything but the blinding
pain. I also have balance problems at the best of times, due I think to
some middle ear thing - I used to have fun with standing up too fast and
getting blackened-out vision or dark dots racing towards me. Sometimes
it happened when I was just standing there minding my own business - I'd
be teaching and I've had to surreptitiously reach out to hang on to some
convenient cupboard till I could see again, and knew which way was up.