[LMB] new novella announcement (and foot problems)

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sun May 6 16:50:44 BST 2018

On Wed, 2 May 2018 18:30:03 -0400 (EDT), Harvey Fishman
<fishman at panix.com> wrote:

>> On May 02, 2018, at 01:15 PM, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 08:45:53AM -0500, Lois Bujold wrote:
>>>  LMB: Ah, yes, it's coming back to me. That is primarily remembered
>>>  as "the book tour where I had plantar fasciitis". Ouch.
>>
>> FS:
>> ?
>> I have had that too, and I'd say that "Ouch" is an understatement.
>> More like long shrill screams of agony.
>> ?
>> KH:?
>> Yes, I have also had. Felt like a nail had been driven up into my heel. The
>> worst episode I didn't know how I was going to get from my office to the
>> elevator, much less all the way to my car. I clung to the wall the whole
>> time I was in the building.
>>

>I have long suffered from plantar fasciitis also, but some years ago I found
>for me an answer. It is a foot stretcher. The particular brand that I have is
>Pro-Stretch but there are many others, usually cheaper. Search Amazon for
>Pro-Stretch.
>
>Anyway, at the first hint of the problem recurring I spend about 15 minutes
>teetering away on this and the problem recedes (for me). I found this from
>being sent for physical therapy by the podiatrist. The therapist had me
>working out on one. PT is costly, even with my insurance plan ($50.00
>co-pay a pop).
>
>This is not a diagnois, merely an observation of what has worked FOR ME. But
>since Amazon has one of these for about $16.00, it may be worth a try on
>general principles.

Last time I had this, I was given an exercise, to stand with the front
part of my feet on a low stair, and use my leg muscles to lower and
raise myself (so flexing and stretching the feet).  Looks daft, and
irritates the hell out of anyone wanting to use the stairs- but it's
free.
--
"..proper sport being football and cricket and nothing else.  Everything else is a game
or a pastime.  Except golf.  Which is an abomination, encouraging bloated publicans