[LMB] AKICOT:L Transferring a Kindle app to a new computer

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu May 10 19:41:14 BST 2018

On Mon, 7 May 2018 18:48:11 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On May 7, 2018, at 5:59 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Interestingly, Amazon knows about my Windows device, but *doesn't* offer
>> a download option specifying that device: it's there in the download
>> options list, but greyed out.
>
>Do you have the Kindle application for Windows?   Maybe you need to download it, open it, and configure it for your Amazon account.

Well, it would be a thing to install that I never use, and would add no
functionality to my life. :)

I don't like reading ebooks on a backlit screen- I *vastly* prefer
e-ink, so I'll never use my PC to read a Kindle book.
--
To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.
  - Leonard Bernstein