[LMB] another relevant Rita Rudner line

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Thu May 10 21:21:42 BST 2018

A propos of Rita Rudner, I remember this (quotation approximate), which echoes Bujold's apparent attitude toward "body births":
"A friend of mine was in labor for 36 hours. I wouldn't want to do something that felt GOOD for 36 hours."
FWIW, IMHO, Bujold could stand to acknowledge that pregnancy has some positive aspects -- which doesn't mean it should be the only option.
Karen A. Wyle

    On Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:39 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

 On Fri, 4 May 2018 12:39:55 +0000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Then she morphs
>into Vor-dragon-lady, every man's most terrifying great-grandmother
>who slit baby's throats without hesitation, the one who buried four
>husbands

Rita Rudner flashback: "My mother buried three husbands, and two of them
were just napping."
--
To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time.
  - Leonard Bernstein
Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kawyle at att.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk