[LMB] Vorkosiverse Characters Meet Harry Potter Sorting Hat

Alex Kwan litalex at gmail.com
Fri May 11 20:50:43 BST 2018

Hello,

> On 12 May 2018, at 03:06, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:
> Consider, if you will, the way James Potter relentlessly bullied Severus Snape for nothing more than his poverty and social awkwardness.

Hm, to a certain extent, yes, but it was also because Snape was hanging around Lily. And the worst incident, with James et al turning Snape upside down, Snape called Lily a mudblood right before that. I’m not excusing James’ behaviour, but I don’t think it’s because of poverty.

> Hufflepuff villainy comes from a Rules Is Rules standpoint. I give you Dolores Umbridge.

According to Rowling, Umbridge was a Slytherin… Not how would have Sorted her, but *shrug*.

little Alex