[LMB] Vorkosiverse Characters Meet Harry Potter Sorting Hat

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sun May 13 00:44:20 BST 2018

On Sat, 12 May 2018 00:21:31 +0000 (UTC), Raye Johnsen
<raye_j at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I think that, when considering Rowling's Sortings, one must keep in mind Hagrid's initial statement to Harry, that Slytherin is nothing but bad seeds.

That's not what he actually said.  He said that all those who'd turned
to the dark side were Slytherins. That's not the same thing.  All cats
are mammals is not the same as all mammals are cats.

And, of course, is that a Doylist or a Watsonian utterance?
--
People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you
very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite