[LMB] OT: iPhone

Katrina Knight kknight at fastmail.fm
Mon May 14 22:42:47 BST 2018

At 05:00 PM 5/14/2018 WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
>This weekend I got a notice on my phone that the battery was
>going bad. I had already seen that it was not holding a charge.
>So I went to the Apple store to have the battery replaced. I
>was told to come back on Thursday afternoon and that the
>replacement would take 2-3 hours.
>That seems to not be good service. Am I wrong?

I'd say you're wrong. They presumably have other people's
repairs on their schedule already. You wouldn't expect your
mechanic to drop everything and work on your car if you just
stopped at his garage without calling first, would you? (That
occasionally works for me, if the issue is really minor, but
usually we schedule an appointment for later.)  Pretty much
anyone who does repairs is going to do one of two things -
they're either going to schedule your repair for a later time or
they're going to do it first come, first served, with some
waiting period dependent on how many people have ahead of you on
the list. Repair places that do a good job tend to be busier
than shoddy places that do a poor job or rip you off in some
way. Would you rather they'd told you to leave it with them and
pick it up on Thursday?

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at fastmail.fm