[LMB] OT: iPhone

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Mon May 14 23:37:49 BST 2018

On May 14, 2018, at 6:10 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.STONEHAM.ma.us> wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 09:00:06PM +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
>> This weekend I got a notice on my phone that the battery was going bad. I had already seen that it was not holding a charge. So I went to the Apple store to have the battery replaced. I was told to come back on Thursday afternoon and that the replacement would take 2-3 hours.
>> That seems to not be good service. Am I wrong?
>
> well. they could have told you "leave it and we'll have it done in
> a week or three". Or "We're too busy today, try coming back some
> other day". At least they seemed to tell you (as I read between the
> lines in your post) that if you come back Thu p.m. they can fix it
> while you wait. So, no, not bad, or at least nowhere near as bad as
> it might have been.

Also, they might have to order the new battery.  When Apple announced the $29 replacement batteries for my phone, I went for it, since my phone's battery was slowly decreasing in battery life.  As I expected, I also had to come back for an appointment a few days later (when more new batteries were in), left my phone, did a little shopping, and came back at the appointed time to a newly embatteried iphone.

Katherine