[LMB] AKICOT:L Transferring a Kindle app to a new computer

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue May 15 01:45:22 BST 2018

On Sun, 13 May 2018 10:54:01 +0100, "Gordon Jackson"
<gordon at gordonj.net> wrote:

>>>I can just go to the Amazon page, select something I bought, and use the
>"Download" option, and then import into Calibre.  There's no need to add
>another application into the toolchain.
>
>That is correct you don't need the de DRM plugin to simply import an Amazon
>book into Calibre. You only need it if you want to convert to a different
>format. Calibre can handle 18 file types.

I *have* the plugin, and the books are de-DRM'd as they are loaded to
Calibre.  Loading the books as downloaded directly to the Kindle device,
though, sometimes does not work; there's a new Kindle format it
seemingly can't handle, but that's not what you get when you sideload,
you get good old-fashioned AZW3.
--
A mind's reach should exceed its grasp or what's a metaphor?