[LMB] OT: iPhone

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue May 15 17:24:57 BST 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 09:21:17AM -0500, Louann Miller wrote:
> I cannot resist mentioning that I replaced the battery in my Android phone
> yesterday. We keep batteries on hand as three of the four of us in the
> family have the same model phone, but replacements are $5 - $10 on Amazon.

Just want to note that those ultra-cheap batteries for sale on Amazon
are NOT from the mfg. of the original batteries, they are from el-cheapo
knockoff artists in China. As such they may or may not be any good, may
have a short life (or no life) and the possibility exists of them being
unsafe (you've heard of lithium ion batteries catching fire).

not to be alarmist, but just wanting to issue the caution. I've tried
elcheapo laptop bateries, and 1 out of 3 turned out to be any good.

Best of luck to you, though!

Fred