[LMB] Points that simmer to the surface....

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed May 16 05:33:54 BST 2018

On May 15, 2018, at 8:03 PM, Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I get really annoyed when people "helpfully" clean away the items
> that I'm counting on to remind me to take care of things, or stack
> things on top of my reminder notes.  Or "helpfully" dismantle the
> systems I set up to make things as foolproof as possible.  "Why did
> you remove the tag I had attached to that cord?"  "It was in the way
> while I was cleaning."  "Why didn't you put it back when you were done?"
> "I guess I threw it out."  "[*sigh*]  That tag was a reminder to people
> to reattach the cord to the hook... which people keep forgetting to do."

Save me from helpful people!

If anyone is going to clear my stuff off the table for a dinner for five or six, it had better be me, or heads will roll.

I have things in semi-archeological order, and I need to keep track of the contents. Currently missing are a woven wool (from four-horned—and there are even six-horned ones—sheep) square with some beads on the edges, and my quilter’s measuring tape (10’ vs 5’). I’ve looked obsessively, severally, to no avail, over 2-3 months.

Gardeners who remove name tags off any of my dozens of roses, most left behind at two earlier houses (and they kept them there, huzzah), and if I have more than one variety/cultivar of a fruit tree, means I can’t necessarily remember who’s who. As the branches grew, I’d move the tags to smaller branches, or use a longer cord for it.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala