[LMB] Points that simmer to the surface....

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 12:09:57 BST 2018

From: Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com>

I get really annoyed when people "helpfully" clean away the items
that I'm counting on to remind me to take care of things, or stack
things on top of my reminder notes.  Or "helpfully" dismantle the
systems I set up to make things as foolproof as possible.  "Why did
you remove the tag I had attached to that cord?"  "It was in the way
while I was cleaning."  "Why didn't you put it back when you were done?"
"I guess I threw it out."  "[*sigh*]  That tag was a reminder to people
to reattach the cord to the hook... which people keep forgetting to do."
Joel

Gwynne: When I was in hospital my sis-in-law looked after Mum. SIL is
a lovely, kind, thoughtful woman. But if you're going to reorganise someone
else's kitchen it's polite to TELL THAT PERSON WHERE EVERYTHING HAS
BEEN MOVED TO. I'm still looking for things - and I never did find my
favourite frypan again.

Likewise, it's helpful to go through the cupboard and check all the use-by
dates (although some people can be obsessive about that - I mean some
things don't go off, the date is just a legal requirement.) But if you're going
to throw away all manner of items, wouldn't it be nice to keep a list of
what needs to be replaced, instead of leaving the person (ME) to find out
when halfway through cooking something, reaching into the cupboard, and
finding the item not there.

Ok, rant over. Sorry, I had a head of steam that needed to be released.