[LMB] OT: Re: Points that simmer to the surface....

Katrina Knight kknight at fastmail.fm
Wed May 16 22:32:38 BST 2018

At 11:03 PM 5/15/2018 Joel Polowin wrote:

>AKICOTL: If anyone can point me toward a self-opening hinge for
>bathroom door, I'd like to know about it.  The door keeps
>getting closed
>if it isn't tied open -- when it's bumped by the Roomba, when
>there's
>a breeze, whatever.  ....

>I'd be fine with improvising a setup with a cord, pulley, and
>sash
>weights to pull the door open when it's not latched closed, but
>my
>partner is concerned about the appearance.

If the probleml is with unintentional closings, what about a
simple hook and eye to keep it open? That would be easy for
anyone who wants to intentionally close the door to deal with
then rehook after leaving the room yet the roomba, the breeze,
and the cat wouldn't be able to close it, and it wouldn't be
particularly noticable appearance-wise.

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at fastmail.fm