[LMB] Points that simmer to the surface....

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 16:35:15 BST 2018

Katrina Knight <kknight at fastmail.fm> wrote:[LMB] OT: Re:  Points that simmer to the surface....
At 11:03 PM 5/15/2018 Joel Polowin wrote:
>> AKICOTL: If anyone can point me toward a self-opening hinge for a
>> bathroom door, I'd like to know about it.  The door keeps getting
>> closed if it isn't tied open -- when it's bumped by the Roomba,
>> when there's a breeze, whatever.  ....

> If the probleml is with unintentional closings, what about a
> simple hook and eye to keep it open? That would be easy for
> anyone who wants to intentionally close the door to deal with
> then rehook after leaving the room yet the roomba, the breeze,
> and the cat wouldn't be able to close it, and it wouldn't be
> particularly noticable appearance-wise.

That's more or less what I have now -- a cord which loops over the
window's open/close crank.  People still forget to re-attach it from
time to time.  Even with a big "PLEASE REATTACH ME" tag, people forgot.
Hence my desire for something that doesn't depend on people remembering.
It would also be good to have a system that doesn't delay people when
they're feeling a bit of urgency, and doesn't confuse visitors ("why
isn't this door letting me close it?").

Joel