[LMB] Vashnoi goes live

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri May 18 19:56:27 BST 2018

> On May 18, 2018, at 12:27 PM, Stellan Lagerström <stellanl at concinnity.se> wrote:
>
> On 2018-05-18 16:56, Lois Bujold wrote:
>> Anyone who is reading this list on an electronic device (and I rather
>> doubt anyone is printing it out to read on paper) can download the
>> free Kindle-or-other app to that same device, and be up and running in
>> moments.  So that barrier is also nonexistent now.
> For me it's the DRM.
> Oh, well, next year on paper it is then.
>
> /Stellan

I search first for books sold without DRM, many times I use that criterion to decide whether to buy or not.  But for books I know I’ll buy anyway, I go ahead and have Calibre configured to remove the DRM.

Of course books printed on paper won’t be duplicated and backed up, so DRM is not a reason for me to decide whether to go paper or digital.