[LMB] now Overdrive was Vashnoi goes live

Lois Aleta Fundis loisaletafundis at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:24:31 BST 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 3:43 PM, Lois Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:

> We've been trying to get a select handful of my indie-pubbed works up on
> Overdrive for over a year, now, and the delays and obfuscations have been
> utterly maddening.  Overdrive is NOT indie-writer-friendly, or at least not
> Spectrum/Bujold friendly. However, we may have a breakthrough soon.  When
> stuff becomes available through OD, I'll blog and post it, for the
> librarians and library patrons to ask for it.
>
> And then we'll see what happens.  My agent is deeply suspicious of the
> entire system, which is why we're starting with the minimum wodge, 5
> titles.  (We picked SHARDS OF HONOR, THE WARRIOR'S APPRENTICE, FALLING
> FREE, THE SPIRIT RING, and "Penric's Demon".) If it goes well (i.e., pays
> well) after a suitable trial period, we'll add more.  Or not if not.

​I'm disappointed to hear that. I thought it might just have been our
consortium (even though it does have your Baen books.  Also that I haven't
been waiting myself for your books for, um, decades now.

Maybe if other listees ask their libraries' e-book consortiums??? (Hint,
hint, folks!)​

--
Lois Aleta Fundis
loisaletafundis at gmail.com

"No one you have ever been and no place you have ever gone ever leaves you.
The new parts of you simply jump in the car and go along for the rest of
the ride." -- Bruce Springsteen