[LMB] Points that simmer to the surface....

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri May 18 21:37:11 BST 2018

On Fri, 18 May 2018 19:26:59 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
wrote:

>Of course it is! There is a fairly strict definition of what can be called Cheddar.

Sadly for those cheesemakers in Somerset, it's been out in the wild far
too long to retrofit the "Reserved origin" rules.  99% of the world's
Cheddar is not from Cheddar, at a conservative estimate.
--
For "I know" seems to describe a state of affairs which guarantees
what is known, guarantees it as a fact. One always forgets the expression