[LMB] Points that simmer to the surface....

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat May 19 02:21:34 BST 2018

On Fri, 18 May 2018 17:33:45 -0400, Fred Smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

>On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 09:37:11PM +0100, Marc Wilson wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 May 2018 19:26:59 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Of course it is! There is a fairly strict definition of what can be called Cheddar.
>>
>> Sadly for those cheesemakers in Somerset, it's been out in the wild far
>> too long to retrofit the "Reserved origin" rules.  99% of the world's
>> Cheddar is not from Cheddar, at a conservative estimate.
>
>and I'd like to have a sample of some real Cheddar, i.e.actually
>from Cheddar. I'll probably never travel there to get it myself.

If you've only had the mild stuff (IMO, almost indistinguishable from
soap) then you're in for a treat.  It's not the only place to make good
Cheddar, of course.. but there is an awful lot of *bad* Cheddar out
there.
--
Humanity without religion is like a serial killer without a chainsaw.  -- unknown