[LMB] LIST BIZ: Spoiler policy, was: Vashnoi goes live

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Sun May 20 00:58:56 BST 2018

On May 19, 2018, at 5:33 AM, M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK, so here's the deal. If we don't update the spoiler policy for eReads, the list may lose the discussion altogether.
>
> Lois said she's going to open a spoiler thread on her Goodreads blog, and I'm going to open a Spoiler Galore post next Saturday on my
> Eight Ladies Blog.
> <snip>
> If we are very, very good, and all use the SP: (colon mandatory) on the posts, does it cause any problems? I mean, at least that way
> people who can't join in yet can save the discussion emails in a filtered file until they can. Then, we could actually have two very nice
> discussions, at least: first wave, and second wave, so to speak.

The List rule, as William just mentioned, is for no _unspoilered_ discussion for 3 months (after hardback publication/maybe now Kindle availability).  But as long as we mark spoilered content with SP:, we can proceed with it any time.  Ah, just checked the FAQ at http://www.dendarii.com/bujold_lst.html#spoilersok -- spoilers only need to be marked for 2 months after publication.

Oh, and the FAQ just says "after the date of first publication", so e-publication is already included!  So, discuss away -- just remember to include "SP:" in subject line.

Katherine